1) I’ve just been in an accident, what do I do next?
First and foremost, complete all required paperwork with the police department and/or MPI. Your claim will be handled by an adjustor who has been assigned to your case to determine liability, and an estimator who puts together an estimation of how much repair work will cost.
This number is compared to the average value of your car in order to determine whether or not your vehicle will be written off or repaired. If you feel that your estimator has given you an unfair valuation of repair costs or vehicle valuation, you can do research on your own, or take your vehicle to an MPI accredited repair shop to determine more accurate figures.
2) Is your body shop able to complete collision repairs for Manitoba Public Insurance?
Yes, we are an Autopac accredited body shop whose certified technicians are licensed and capable to complete repairs for MPI claims.
3) Can I bring my car in for maintenance and general servicing, or do you strictly do collision repair?
We cover all general body shop services, from fixing dings and scratches to windshield repair and replacement. We also provide free estimates of damage, so if you are concerned about something with your vehicle, bring it in and get an assessment. If your vehicle needs an extended stay we will provide you a courtesy car from our fleet.
4) If I get bodywork done, will this information be attached to my car through CarProof or other vehicle history reports?
No, your accident history is tracked, but it is done through insurance companies, not body shops. So, if you need any work done, get it done in a body shop immediately before the issue gets any worse.
5) Do you use Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts in repairs?
Yes, whenever possible we try to use new OEM parts to fix your vehicle; however, for a number of reasons, this isn’t always possible. When we do use non-OEM parts, we source them from the highest quality companies to ensure that your vehicle is given the best possible parts, regardless of the manufacturer.
6) Why use the highest quality materials for your vehicle?
Because we want you to continue driving the vehicle you love, for many years to come. With the highest quality materials for your vehicle, you know you’re in good hands. You can always expect the same great service and reliability you’ve come to expect from your vehicle.